seekdebate930
seekdebate930
seekdebate930
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
seekdebate930

This forum is provided for the students and parents participating in the introduction to debate class at SEEK co-op, fall 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEGATIVE CASES POSTED IN THIS THREAD

Go down 
+17
JoshLawson
Phishy
curran
justinhartman
Alex Brown
BUHLERR
justin is a boss
the_kev_m.d
Taylor
caleb fountaine
Brayden
libby fowler
Ryan
anamaew
josiah canna
madelineeck
Mrs. Gray
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Katelyn_NYC_98

Katelyn_NYC_98

NEGATIVE CASES POSTED IN THIS THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My Neg Case   NEGATIVE CASES POSTED IN THIS THREAD - Page 2 Empty11/18/2009, 1:44 am

Negative Case:

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." Michael Jordan
I use this quote to illustrate why my value of Synergy is a better value to help us evaluate this resolution.
My name is Katelyn Soderlund and I am the negative speaker for this debate round. I would like to thank the judge, timer, and my opponent for being here today. As I support my value of Synergy. I would like to present my thesis which states: Cooperation is better then competition. It is through this thesis and my following arguments that I will negate the resolution which states: Resolved: Cooperation is superior to competition as a means of achieving excellence.
Before I move on to my arguments, I would like to offer an alternate definition of the words competition, cooperation, excellence.
Competition is defined by Dictionary.com as “the act of competing; rivalry for supremacy, a prize, etc.”
Cooperation is defined by Dictionary.com as “an act or instance of working or acting together for a common purpose or benefit; joint action.”
Excellence is defined by Dictionary.com as “the fact or state of excelling; superiority; eminence”
I believe my definition is a more practical and workable definition that is better suited to the true analysis of this resolution.
I will define my value of Synergy which is defined by Dictionary.com
as “the interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.”

My value is the superior value to analyze this resolution, because synergy is a true reflection of all that cooperation is and can be, and by definition demonstrates its superiority over competition.

Now I would like to offer my 3 main reasons for arguing against this resolution:

1: You can accomplish more working as a team the each person working individually. "No one can whistle a symphony. It takes an orchestra to play it." This quote comes from H.E. Luccock.
2: A team functioning together can offer a superior product than a number of individuals working alone. No employer today is independent of those about him. He cannot succeed alone, no matter how great his ability or capitol. Business today is more than ever a question of cooperation.
3. Cooperation is shown throughout scriptures. The apostles did not compete with each other, they worked together telling the world about Christ, and in turn changed the world upside down for Christ.
Sam Walton as my opponent said was, yes, a very rich man and when his business came into town some people were very happy! But the you have the other small business’ driven out just because of one man. Think about all those families who have had a dream of having their own family business, get it started making money, and then ‘Wal-mart’ comes in and now most of them have now lost their business’, and now can’t provide for their own families. And the people who come to work for wal-mart had their old salaries cut into 1 3rd and then they’re soposed to be thankful for their ‘new’ job…so tell me how is that good for society? If this is what excellence is, I don’t want any part of it.
I would like to have the judge think over these points…Thank you, I now stand ready for cross examination
Back to top Go down

NEGATIVE CASES POSTED IN THIS THREAD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2